POLITICAL ASPECTS OF THE CIVIL SOCIETY AND RULE OF LAW FORMATION IN CONTEMPORARY AZERBAIJAN
The political aspects of the formation of the civil society and the rule of law in modern Azerbaijan coincide with the general trends in the development of globalization and political processes in the modern world. The nature of the civil society formation in Azerbaijan is inseparably linked with the regional political processes. In particular, the analysis of internal political and regional processes, conducted on the basis of consideration of the legal framework and political structures of the country, the main stages of post-Soviet development, and tendencies in the development of civil society, which are mainly manifested through such forms of social life as the activities of non-governmental organizations, civic engagement, corruption and bureaucracy, authoritarianism in various echelons of power, showed that the civil society in Azerbaijan had not yet met the advanced standards of open society and democratic development. The formation of the rule of law is hampered by the regional contradictions, in particular, the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, as well as high legal illiteracy of the population, the traditions-bound nature of the social structure, elements of corruption and authoritarianism in management at certain levels.
Об автореGunay Melikli
Ph.D. in Political Sciences, Candidate for a Degree in a Ph.D. Program of the Department of Modern Philosophy of Politics, Institute of Philosophy of the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan (Baku, Azerbaijan),
1. Azerbaijan: facts and figures 2018. A brief collection. Baku: 2018
2. “Azerbaijan 2020: look into the future” concept of development // https://president.az/articles/3689
3. Hasanov A. The policy of national development and security of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Baku: Zarbadi LTD. MMC. 2014. - 672 p.
4. Hirst Paul. The State, civil society and the collapse of Soviet communism // Economy and Society Volume 20, 1991 - Issue 2 Pages 217-242
5. Kumar Krishan. Civil Society: An Inquiry into the Usefulness of an Historical Term // The British Journal of Sociology Vol. 44, No. 3 (Sep., 1993), pp. 375-395
6. Fries Richard, “The Legal Environment of Civil Society,” The Global Civil Society Yearbook 2003, Centre for the Study of Global Governance, London
7. Mehdiyev R. (2006) Ideas for Civil Society. Baku: "Azerbaijani Newspaper"
8. Peruzzotti Enrique. Civil Society and the Modern Constitutional Complex: The Argentine Experience // Constellations. An International Journal for Critical and Democratic Theory Volume4, Issue1 April 1997 Pages 94-104
9. Jussi Laine. Debating Civil Society: Contested Conceptualizations and Development Trajectories // International Journal of Not-for-Profit Law / vol. 16, no. 1, September 2014 / 59
10. Promoting Democracy in Post-Conflict and Failed States: Lessons and Challenges Prepared for the National Policy Forum on Terrorism, Security, and America’s Purpose September 6-7 Washington, DC By Larry Diamond // https://web.stanford.edu/
11. Population // https://www.stat.gov.az/source/demoqraphy
12. Shabbir G. Cheema, Linda Maguire. Democracy, Governance and Development: A. Conceptual Framework // http://unpan1.un.org/intradoc/groups/public/documents/un/unpan005781.pdf
13. The rule of law and civil society in Azerbaijan. Thursday, November 05, 2015 Cannon House Office Building, Washington, DCUnited States // https://www.csce.gov/international-impact/events/rule-law-and-civil-society-azerbaijan-0
14. Shiriyev Zaur. Betwixt and between: the reality of Russian soft-power in Azerbaijan // https://ge.boell.org/en/2017/10/16/
15. Anti-corruption reforms in Azerbaijan. 4th round of monitoring of the Istanbul Anti-Corruption Action Plan // www.oecd.org.
16. Civil society in Azerbaijan: challenges and opportunities in transition civicus Civil Society Index Report for Azerbaijan An international action-research project coordinated by CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation Written By: Rajab Sattarov, Tair Faradov and Ilham Mamed-zade Baku, December 2007 International Center for Social Research (ICSR)
Для цитирования: . . Сравнительная политика. 2019;10(4).
For citation: Melikli G.K. POLITICAL ASPECTS OF THE CIVIL SOCIETY AND RULE OF LAW FORMATION IN CONTEMPORARY AZERBAIJAN. Comparative Politics Russia. 2019;10(4).
- Обратные ссылки не определены.
Контент доступен под лицензией Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.